Our High Heat Festival Braid is made from heat resistant synthetic fiber and is commonly used for festival and rave braid styles. It's quite durable and tough, has a heat resistance of 250°F (120°C), sometimes higher, and tends to be a little bit more slinky and slippery than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Due to the smoother texture and denser fiber, Festival Braid packs are less voluminous than packs of jumbo braid in the same weight. You can see a size comparison of Festival Braid next to different styles of jumbo braid here. If you're using it for box braids, we recommend getting a couple more packs than you normally would use; most of our customers use around 10-14 packs of Festival Braid for a full head of box braids.
Boiling water usually isn't quite hot enough to seal Festival Braid. Festival Braid will not shrink down like regular kanekalon, and will stay quite soft even when it's set. You can more learn about working with Festival Braid here.
Length: 24" folded, 48" unfolded (60 cm folded, 120 cm unfolded).
Weight: 2.8 ounces (80 g).
Texture: Smooth, only very slightly kinky yaki texture. Festival Braid strands are slightly thicker in diameter and a bit denser than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Brand: I Kick Shins.
Color: Pure White. This color has very slight creamy undertones, but is otherwise the closest to pure, bright white that's available.
- In the third, fourth, and fifth pictures, Alison is wearing a mix of braids, twists, and wrapped dreads made from Festival Braid in Neon Pink, Candyfloss, Mojito, Pale Blue, Pastel Blue, Pure White, Rainbow, Sea Lavender, and Snow Pink, along with solar color change Mood Braid in Ice Sickle, Icy Blue, Italian Ice, and Pink Lemonade.
- In the sixth and seventh pictures, Holly Shawty is wearing braid and dread extensions made from Festival Braid in Dusty Rose, Fern, Peach Bloom, Pale Puce, and Pure White.
- In the eighth picture, Christine is wearing braids in Pure White.
- In the ninth picture, Christine is wearing Pure White with Neon Yellow accents.
- In the tenth and eleventh pictures, Christine is wearing braids in Moss Green, Pistachio, and Pure White.
- In the twelfth and thirteenth pictures, Christine is wearing braids in Peach, Pure White, and Sunset.
- In the fourteenth picture, Momo Pixel is wearing Festival Braid in Light Pink and Pure White, along with kk jumbo braid in Baby Pink, Lavish Purple, Periwinkle, Polar Blue, and Turquoise.
The last two product pictures are color comparison shots that show the following:
We do our best to take careful photographs of our products that show their appearance accurately. However, every screen is calibrated differently, and different types of lighting can affect color appearance, so the way a color appears on your device may not be exactly how it looks in person.
We recommend ordering color samples to ensure an accurate match.
We also offer a free color matching service. For color matching, just send a sample of your hair--or anything that you want us to match the color of--in a plastic baggy to:
I Kick Shins
690 Roberts Rd #383
Pacifica, CA 94044
Please make sure to put the sample in a plastic bag along with a note indicating what product you want your sample matched with (for example "kanekalon jumbo braid" or "human weaving hair") and your e-mail address in the envelope. When we receive it, we'll match it up and let you know what comes closest.
Please do not put your e-mail address inside the plastic bag. The only thing that should be in the bag is the hair sample.
We are also happy to take color comparison pictures for you. If you'd like to see a few similar colors side by side, contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!