Our High Heat Festival Braid is made from heat resistant synthetic fiber and is commonly used for festival and rave braid styles. It's quite durable and tough, has a heat resistance of 250°F (120°C), sometimes higher, and tends to be a little bit more slinky and slippery than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Due to the smoother texture and denser fiber, Festival Braid packs are less voluminous than packs of jumbo braid in the same weight. You can see a size comparison of Festival Braid next to different styles of jumbo braid here. If you're using it for box braids, we recommend getting a couple more packs than you normally would use; most of our customers use around 8-14 packs of Festival Braid for a full head of box braids.
Boiling water usually isn't quite hot enough to seal Festival Braid. Festival Braid will not shrink down like regular kanekalon, and will stay quite soft even when it's set. You can more learn about working with Festival Braid here.
Length: 24" folded, 48" unfolded (60 cm folded, 120 cm unfolded).
Weight: 2.8 ounces (80 g).
Texture: Smooth, only very slightly kinky yaki texture. Festival Braid strands are slightly thicker in diameter and a bit denser than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Brand: I Kick Shins.
Color: Vintage Pink.
- In the third and fourth pictures, Chloe is wearing braids in Mauve Taupe and Vintage Pink.
- In the fifth and sixth pictures, Tesia is wearing braids in Vintage Pink.
- In the seventh through ninth pictures, Aaniyah is wearing braids made from Festival Braid in Dusty Rose and Vintage Pink along with kk jumbo braid in Rosewood.
- In the tenth through twelfth pictures, Savanna of Loco-Locs (Facebook / Instagram) used Festival Braid in Snow Pink and Vintage Pink along with kk jumbo braid in 613 Platinum Blond to make synthetic dread extensions.
- In the thirteenth and fourteenth pictures, Shaymon used Festival Braid in Crimson, Dark Cherry Red, Dusty Rose, English Rose, Ice Pink, Peach Bloom, Rose, and Vintage Pink along with marley braid in Rose Gold to make faux locs.
- In the fifteenth and sixteenth pictures, Aaniyah is wearing braids in Plum and Vintage Pink along with Sparkle Braid in Pink Sugar.
The last two product pictures are color comparison shots that show the following:
- From left to right: Vintage Pink, Dusty Rose, English Rose, and Rose. All four colors are Festival Braid.
- Pastel Pink kk jumbo braid on the left, Vintage Pink Festival Braid in the middle, and Powder Pink kk jumbo braid on the right.
We do our best to take careful photographs of our products that show their appearance accurately. However, every screen is calibrated differently, and different types of lighting can affect color appearance, so the way a color appears on your device may not be exactly how it looks in person.
We recommend ordering color samples to ensure an accurate match.
If you'd like us to make recommendations from a photo, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help. Or for color matching in person, just send a sample of your hair--or anything that you want us to match the color of--in a plastic baggy to:
I Kick Shins
690 Roberts Rd #383
Pacifica, CA 94044
Please make sure to put the sample in a plastic bag along with a note indicating what product you want your sample matched with (for example, something like "kanekalon jumbo braid" or "RastAfri marley braid") and your email address in the envelope. When we receive it, we'll match it up and let you know what comes closest.
Please do not put your e-mail address inside the plastic bag. The only thing that should be in the bag is the hair sample.
We are also happy to take color comparison pictures for you. If you'd like to see a few similar colors side by side, contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!