Our High Heat Festival Braid is made from heat resistant synthetic fiber and is commonly used for festival and rave braid styles. It's quite durable and tough, has a heat resistance of 250°F (120°C), sometimes higher, and tends to be a little bit more slinky and slippery than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Due to the smoother texture and denser fiber, Festival Braid packs are less voluminous than packs of jumbo braid in the same weight. You can see a size comparison of Festival Braid next to different styles of jumbo braid here. If you're using it for box braids, we recommend getting a couple more packs than you normally would use; most of our customers use around 8-14 packs of Festival Braid for a full head of box braids.
Boiling water usually isn't quite hot enough to seal Festival Braid. Festival Braid will not shrink down like regular kanekalon, and will stay quite soft even when it's set. You can more learn about working with Festival Braid here.
Length: 24" folded, 48" unfolded (60 cm folded, 120 cm unfolded).
Weight: 2.8 ounces (80 g).
Texture: Smooth, only very slightly kinky yaki texture. Festival Braid strands are slightly thicker in diameter and a bit denser than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Brand: I Kick Shins.
Color: Pistachio (blend of 80% Olive Green and 20% Sugar Blond).
- In the fourth and fifth pictures, Raquel is wearing braids in Pistachio.
- In the sixth picture, DreadNaughty LLC used Pistachio Festival Braid as well as kk jumbo braid in Emerald Green and Lime Green to make synthetic dread extensions.
- In the seventh picture, Moya is wearing braids in Pistachio.
- In the eighth picture, Christine is wearing braids in Pistachio.
- In the ninth and tenth pictures, Christine is wearing braids in Moss Green, Pistachio, and Pure White.
- In the eleventh and twelfth pictures, Jazmine (Etsy / Instagram / Website) is wearing braids in Light Olive Green, Olive Green, and Pistachio.
- In the thirteenth through fifteenth pictures, Julia is wearing braids in Pistachio.
- In the sixteenth picture, @alexandelm.co is wearing braids in Pistachio.
- In the seventeenth picture, Chloe is wearing braids in Khaki Green, Olive Green, and Pistachio.
- In the eighteenth through twenty-first pictures, Dawna used Festival Braid in Moss Green, Olive Green, and Pistachio to make synthetic dread extensions.
- In the twenty-second and twenty-third pictures, @kick_roqs is wearing faux locs made from Pistachio Festival Braid.
- In the twenty-fourth through twenty-sixth pictures, Reanna (Instagram / Website) used Festival Braid in Ice Pink, Pistachio, Rum, Slate Grey, and Sugar Blond to make synthetic dread extensions.
The last two product pictures are color comparison shots that show the following:
- Khaki Green on the left, Pistachio in the middle, and Olive Green on the right. All three colors are Festival Braid.
- Lime Green kk jumbo braid on the left, Pistachio Festival Braid in the middle, and Emerald Green kk jumbo braid on the right.
We do our best to take careful photographs of our products that show their appearance accurately. However, every screen is calibrated differently, and different types of lighting can affect color appearance, so the way a color appears on your device may not be exactly how it looks in person.
We recommend ordering color samples to ensure an accurate match.
If you'd like us to make recommendations from a photo, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help. Or for color matching in person, just send a sample of your hair--or anything that you want us to match the color of--in a plastic baggy to:
I Kick Shins
690 Roberts Rd #383
Pacifica, CA 94044
Please make sure to put the sample in a plastic bag along with a note indicating what product you want your sample matched with (for example, something like "kanekalon jumbo braid" or "RastAfri marley braid") and your email address in the envelope. When we receive it, we'll match it up and let you know what comes closest.
Please do not put your e-mail address inside the plastic bag. The only thing that should be in the bag is the hair sample.
We are also happy to take color comparison pictures for you. If you'd like to see a few similar colors side by side, contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!