Our High Heat Festival Braid is made from heat resistant synthetic fiber and is commonly used for festival and rave braid styles. It's quite durable and tough, has a heat resistance of 250°F (120°C), sometimes higher, and tends to be a little bit more slinky and slippery than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Due to the smoother texture and denser fiber, Festival Braid packs are less voluminous than packs of jumbo braid in the same weight. You can see a size comparison of Festival Braid next to different styles of jumbo braid here. If you're using it for box braids, we recommend getting a couple more packs than you normally would use; most of our customers use around 8-14 packs of Festival Braid for a full head of box braids.
Boiling water usually isn't quite hot enough to seal Festival Braid. Festival Braid will not shrink down like regular kanekalon, and will stay quite soft even when it's set. You can more learn about working with Festival Braid here.
Length: 24" folded, 48" unfolded (60 cm folded, 120 cm unfolded).
Weight: 3.5 ounces (100 g).
Texture: Smooth, only very slightly kinky yaki texture. Festival Braid strands are slightly thicker in diameter and a bit denser than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Brand: I Kick Shins.
Color: Neon Rainbow.
This color is partially UV reactive; the yellow and pink parts both glow under blacklight, but the orange and blue do not.
- In the tenth picture, Daumi is wearing braids in Neon Rainbow.
- In the eleventh and twelfth pictures, Keanna is wearing braids in Neon Rainbow and Pure White.
- In the thirteenth through fifteenth pictures, Janelle is wearing braids in Neon Rainbow.
- In the sixteenth and seventeenth pictures, Magick Mel (Facebook / Instagram) used Festival Braid in Grass Green, Hot Purple, Neon Pink, Neon Rainbow, Glow Braid in Neon Yellow, and kk jumbo braid in Citrus Orange to make synthetic dread extensions.
- In the eighteenth picture, Jo (Etsy / Instagram) used Festival Braid in Neon Magenta, Neon Rainbow, Peachy Keen, Sea Lavender, and Unicorn to make braided extensions.
The last two product pictures are color comparison shots that show the following:
- Neon Rainbow on the left and Neon Tangerine, Neon Yellow, Blizzard Blue, and Neon Pink from top to bottom on the right. All five colors are Festival Braid.
- Neon Rainbow on the left and kk jumbo braid in Orange, Neon Yellow, Light Blue - Soft, and Hot Pink from top to bottom on the right
We do our best to take careful photographs of our products that show their appearance accurately. However, every screen is calibrated differently, and different types of lighting can affect color appearance, so the way a color appears on your device may not be exactly how it looks in person.
We recommend ordering color samples to ensure an accurate match.
If you'd like us to make recommendations from a photo, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help. Or for color matching in person, just send a sample of your hair--or anything that you want us to match the color of--in a plastic baggy to:
I Kick Shins
690 Roberts Rd #383
Pacifica, CA 94044
Please make sure to put the sample in a plastic bag along with a note indicating what product you want your sample matched with (for example, something like "kanekalon jumbo braid" or "RastAfri marley braid") and your email address in the envelope. When we receive it, we'll match it up and let you know what comes closest.
Please do not put your e-mail address inside the plastic bag. The only thing that should be in the bag is the hair sample.
We are also happy to take color comparison pictures for you. If you'd like to see a few similar colors side by side, contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!