Our High Heat Festival Braid is made from heat resistant synthetic fiber and is commonly used for festival and rave braid styles. It's quite durable and tough, has a heat resistance of 250°F (120°C), sometimes higher, and tends to be a little bit more slinky and slippery than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Due to the smoother texture and denser fiber, Festival Braid packs are less voluminous than packs of jumbo braid in the same weight. You can see a size comparison of Festival Braid next to different styles of jumbo braid here. If you're using it for box braids, we recommend getting a couple more packs than you normally would use; most of our customers use around 8-14 packs of Festival Braid for a full head of box braids.
Boiling water usually isn't quite hot enough to seal Festival Braid. Festival Braid will not shrink down like regular kanekalon, and will stay quite soft even when it's set. You can more learn about working with Festival Braid here.
Length: 24" folded, 48" unfolded (60 cm folded, 120 cm unfolded).
Weight: 2.8 ounces (80 g).
Texture: Smooth, only very slightly kinky yaki texture. Festival Braid strands are slightly thicker in diameter and a bit denser than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Brand: I Kick Shins.
Color: Neon Purple.
- In the third and fourth pictures, Robin used Grass Green and Neon Purple for braids.
- In the fifth picture, Amber Blue is wearing synthetic dreads made from Festival Braid in 1 Black and Neon Purple plus IKS kk jumbo braid in Neon Lemon Lime.
- In the sixth picture, Sydni is wearing braids in Neon Purple with Blue Teal accents.
- In the seventh through ninth pictures, Jewelz is wearing braids made from Festival Braid in Amethyst and Neon Purple as well as kk jumbo braid in Cobalt Blue, Periwinkle Blue, and Sapphire Blue, Highlight Braid in 1B with Navy Blue Tips, and Glow Braid in White Cotton Candy.
- In the tenth picture, Deja is wearing braids made from Festival Braid in Neon Purple along with kk jumbo braid in Neon Violet and Orchid.
The last two product pictures are color comparison shots that show the following:
- Orchid kk jumbo braid on the left, Neon Purple Festival Braid in the middle, and Purple kk jumbo braid on the right.
- Neon Purple on the left and Hot Purple on the right. Both colors are Festival Braid.
We do our best to take careful photographs of our products that show their appearance accurately. However, every screen is calibrated differently, and different types of lighting can affect color appearance, so the way a color appears on your device may not be exactly how it looks in person.
We recommend ordering color samples to ensure an accurate match.
If you'd like us to make recommendations from a photo, email us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help. Or for color matching in person, just send a sample of your hair--or anything that you want us to match the color of--in a plastic baggy to:
I Kick Shins
690 Roberts Rd #383
Pacifica, CA 94044
Please make sure to put the sample in a plastic bag along with a note indicating what product you want your sample matched with (for example, something like "kanekalon jumbo braid" or "RastAfri marley braid") and your email address in the envelope. When we receive it, we'll match it up and let you know what comes closest.
Please do not put your e-mail address inside the plastic bag. The only thing that should be in the bag is the hair sample.
We are also happy to take color comparison pictures for you. If you'd like to see a few similar colors side by side, contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!