Sparkle and shine with High Heat Sparkle Braid! Sparkle Braid is made from a blend of Festival Braid high heat braiding hair and hair tinsel.
The hair that's used as a base for Sparkle Braid has a heat resistance of 250°F (120°C), sometimes higher. Boiling water sometimes isn't quite hot enough to seal Sparkle Braid, and Sparkle Braid does not shrink down like regular kanekalon. It will stay quite soft even when it's set.
The tinsel that's blended into Sparkle Braid doesn't handle heat very well, so we recommend avoiding hot tools like curling irons or straighteners on it.
Length: 24" folded, 48" unfolded (60 cm folded, 120 cm unfolded). Some strands of the tinsel are tapered, and may be a few inches shorter.
Weight: 2.8 ounces (80 g).
Texture: The hair part of the blend has a smooth, only very slightly kinky yaki texture. The tinsel part is completely straight. Due to the smoother texture, Sparkle Braid packs are less voluminous than packs of kk jumbo braid in the same weight. Most of our customers use around 8-14 packs of for a full head of box braids.
Brand: I Kick Shins.
This color is a mix of Festival Braid in Silver and holographic hair tinsel in Rainbow.
- In the fifth and sixth pictures, Katie made synthetic dread extensions using Sprinkles, along with glow in the dark braiding hair in Candy Apple, Lavish Purple, and Pink Cotton Candy, as well as kk jumbo braid in F.Tropical Berry, Lavender, and Pastel Pink.
- In the seventh and eighth pictures, Savanna of Loco-Locs (Facebook / Instagram) used Sparkle Braid in Sprinkles to make synthetic dread and braid extensions. The purple shades are not from us.
- In the ninth and tenth pictures, Shaymon used 60 Silver White, Aquamarine, Blue Raspberry, Blue Silk, Bright Blue, Pure White, Space Cadet, Sprinkles, and Summer Sky to make faux locs.
The last two product pictures are color comparison shots that show the following:
- Sprinkles on the left and Fireworks on the right. Both colors are Sparkle Braid.
- Sprinkles Sparkle Braid on the left, and Festival Braid in Slate Grey, Storm, Silver, Light Grey, and Silver Blond on the right from top to bottom on the right.
We do our best to take careful photographs of our products that show their appearance accurately. However, every screen is calibrated differently, and different types of lighting can affect color appearance, so the way a color appears on your device may not be exactly how it looks in person.
We recommend ordering color samples to ensure an accurate match.
If you'd like us to make recommendations from a photo, email us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help. Or for color matching in person, just send a sample of your hair--or anything that you want us to match the color of--in a plastic baggy to:
I Kick Shins
690 Roberts Rd #383
Pacifica, CA 94044
Please make sure to put the sample in a plastic bag along with a note indicating what product you want your sample matched with (for example, something like "kanekalon jumbo braid" or "RastAfri marley braid") and your email address in the envelope. When we receive it, we'll match it up and let you know what comes closest.
Please do not put your e-mail address inside the plastic bag. The only thing that should be in the bag is the hair sample.
We are also happy to take color comparison pictures for you. If you'd like to see a few similar colors side by side, contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!