Our High Heat Festival Braid is made from heat resistant synthetic fiber and is commonly used for festival and rave braid styles. It's quite durable and tough, has a heat resistance of 250°F (120°C), sometimes higher, and tends to be a little bit more slinky and slippery than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Due to the smoother texture and denser fiber, Festival Braid packs are less voluminous than packs of jumbo braid in the same weight. You can see a size comparison of Festival Braid next to different styles of jumbo braid here. If you're using it for box braids, we recommend getting a couple more packs than you normally would use; most of our customers use around 8-14 packs of Festival Braid for a full head of box braids.
Boiling water usually isn't quite hot enough to seal Festival Braid. Festival Braid will not shrink down like regular kanekalon, and will stay quite soft even when it's set. You can more learn about working with Festival Braid here.
Length: 24" folded, 48" unfolded (60 cm folded, 120 cm unfolded).
Weight: 2.8 ounces (80 g).
Texture: Smooth, only very slightly kinky yaki texture. Festival Braid strands are slightly thicker in diameter and a bit denser than kanekalon jumbo braid.
Brand: I Kick Shins.
Color: Maya Blue.
- In the fourth through sixth picxtures, Raquel is wearing braids in Maya Blue.
- In the seventh through ninth pictures, Aaniyah is wearing braids in Blueberry, Maya Blue, Polar Blue, Rich Periwinkle, and Space Cadet.
- In the tenth picture, shutupdez is wearing braids in Maya Blue and Sea Blue.
- In the eleventh through fourteenth pictures, Amber (Instagram: mundalicious & ka.lour) is wearing braids in Maya Blue.
- In the fifteenth picture, Shaymon made synthetic locks from Festival Braid in Berry Pink, Coral Pink, Dusty Rose, Maya Blue, Pretty In Pink, Pure White, and Snow Pink, plus Sparkle Braid in Pink Sugar.
- In the sixteenth and seventeenth pictures, Savanna of Loco-Locs (Facebook / Instagram) used Festival Braid in Maya Blue and Tranquil Blue plus Thermal Hair in Blizzard Blue/Amethyst to make synthetic braid and dread extensions.
The last three product pictures are color comparison shots that show the following:
- Blue Silk on the left, Maya Blue in the middle, and Polar Blue on the right. All three colors are Festival Braid.
- Sea Lavender on the left, Maya Blue in the middle, and Rich Periwinkle on the right. All three colors are Festival Braid.
- Ice Water kk jumbo braid on the left, Maya Blue Festival Braid in the middle, and Periwinkle Blue kk jumbo braid on the right.
We do our best to take careful photographs of our products that show their appearance accurately. However, every screen is calibrated differently, and different types of lighting can affect color appearance, so the way a color appears on your device may not be exactly how it looks in person.
We recommend ordering color samples to ensure an accurate match.
If you'd like us to make recommendations from a photo, email us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help. Or for color matching in person, just send a sample of your hair--or anything that you want us to match the color of--in a plastic baggy to:
I Kick Shins
690 Roberts Rd #383
Pacifica, CA 94044
Please make sure to put the sample in a plastic bag along with a note indicating what product you want your sample matched with (for example, something like "kanekalon jumbo braid" or "RastAfri marley braid") and your email address in the envelope. When we receive it, we'll match it up and let you know what comes closest.
Please do not put your e-mail address inside the plastic bag. The only thing that should be in the bag is the hair sample.
We are also happy to take color comparison pictures for you. If you'd like to see a few similar colors side by side, contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!