Add temporary color to your hair without the commitment of dye with hair chalk! Compacts contain 18 grams of chalk.
Hair chalk is best for temporary, occasional use. We do not recommend wearing it on a regular basis or using it to color your entire head.
Color: Orange, yellow, green, brown, or black. All other colors are now sold out and will not be restocked.
How to wear:
- Style your hair first; once it's chalked, you won't be able to move it around much. The chalk will rub off your hair, so it's best to put it in an updo or braid. Wear clothing in a similar color to the chalk and avoiding white clothing as well.
- Put on a robe or throw a towel around your shoulders and cover up the floor beneath you; chalk dust *will* get everywhere.
- If you have dark brown or black hair, spray your hair with a bit of water so that it's wet but not dripping. If you have blond hair, leave your hair completely dry. Redheads, try it dry first, then try it wet if it doesn't show up. Hair chalk will stain hair that's lighter than the color that's being applied and will not wash out completely. It's very important to keep the hair and chalk dry if you have light colored hair.
- Twist small sections of hair, then rub it with the chalk. Try adding white first and then another color to make it brighter or pastel!
How to wash:
- Before washing, gently brush your hair. This will get rid of almost all of the chalk.
- Shampoo your hair with clarifying shampoo and make sure to get all of the chalk out. You may need to wash it 2-3 times to get all of the chalk out.
- Follow up with a good conditioner; chalk is drying, so your hair will need it!